So, it is with great appreciation and honor that I can say I have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award!
Less than a month ago, I was still contemplating whether or not to start a blog. Since then, I have been working until late in the evenings to get my blog up and running. (The struggle was real and I will be writing about that in my 1 Month Blogging Anniversary post, coming soon). So anyway, I was new to a lot of things, including Twitter. One of my first followers was @teliateanna , and little did I know that she would be so supportive of my blog!
Since then, she has been one of my biggest supporters on social media and knowing that she has also only started her blog round about the same time as me, made me feel comfortable with asking her advice on certain things.
Be sure to check out her blog, Life With Telia, where you will be swept off your feet with her amazing talent for writing. Not only is her blog extremely user friendly and beautiful, but her content is well-written and you will definitely not get bored with her posts! She is a 21 year old Lifestyle blogger, who writes about everyday stuff that all people can relate to.
My favorite post of hers so far is 5 Steps To Help Boost Your Confidence , which I definitely recommend as a MUST READ for all women.
This woman has shown me such support and I am extremely grateful and humbled that she nominated me for this award. Thank you Telia!
Versatile Blogger Award explained:
So the Versatile Blogger Award is basically created to celebrate blogs with high quality, unique and loving content. When I was nominated, I was a little confused as to how this works, but then I did some research and asked around.
In case you’re wondering, this is not a tangible award. If you’ve been nominated, it means you’ve received it. Once you’ve gotten over the initial shock and excitement of realizing that people actually read your posts, you need to read through the rules carefully and pay it forward!
- Use the award logo for your post
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Link their blog to this post and give them some credit!
- Select up to 15 Bloggers that you follow / have discovered recently.
- Nominate them for the Versatile Blogger Award and add the links to their sites.
- Write 7 things about yourself
So now that I have explained the rules of receiving this award, let’s get to the 7 facts about myself.
- I am a 29-year old mom and blogger from South Africa with a full time job. I try to make time for blogging whenever and wherever I can.
- I have decided to not share too much of my personal information on my blog. I think you get a much more honest opinion of your work when there is nothing else to judge it on except for the reading content itself. Sometimes if people like your face, or don’t for that matter, their opinions of your work can be biased. Maybe in the future I will befriend some of my close blogger friends on my personal social media accounts, but for now I’m just chilling as an anonymous writer.
- I am left handed.
- Both my parents have passed, but I am one of 2 siblings. I have an older brother who also stays in South Africa and has a Gaming Blog.
- I’ve only ever won 1 real prize in my life. It was a isiXhosa reading book that I won after entering a literature competition at the age of 6. Couldn’t read it because of the language barrier, but it was pretty cool winning something.
- I am a Jack of all trades but master of none. I can do acrylic and bio sculpture nails. I do Succulent wedding favors and thank you gifts and I have recently started an online Succulent seeds shop with my partner. I have experience in childcare and used to play piano and guitar.
- I have an obsession with books and learning. I love the smell of any books, and I fantasize about having my own library in my house one day. If I could study every single subject possible, I would. But due to finances, time constraints and just life, this is quite impossible, and that’s why I find my blogging to be so fulfilling. I get to share my views and opinions based on research. There are no limits, and since I’ve started blogging I have been a much happier person!
Blogging is hard work and dedication. Writing, posting, promoting, engaging with other bloggers and keeping up with social media is a struggle. Especially when you are working full time as well.. I really do appreciate that people take the time out to read my posts, and that they recognize the effort and dedication that I put in to my blog.
I am humbled by this and would like to nominate the following blogs for the Versatile Blogger Award: