Our bedrooms say a lot about who we are. In fact, I strongly believe that our bedrooms influences who we are and can have a huge impact on our everyday lives. If you are unsure of how to create a blissful bedroom, keep reading!
In this post, I will be sharing the following:
- Reasons why your bedroom should be your safe space
- How to create and maintain a blissful bedroom
- Pictures of my dream bedrooms
Reasons why your bedroom should always be your safe space
I believe that the only place we can truly come to rest after a long day is when we finally get into our beds. When all our chores have been done and our families are taken care of, we have very little time to really relax. Sometimes it’s just taking a shower and getting to bed because we have to get up early again to bring the bacon home.
In order to get the rest we need, I believe we have to feel content and be as comfortable as possible. This is not always possible due to insomnia, different temperatures, stress and health problems, and that is where your bedroom comes in. It might not be the solution, but lying awake at night in a tidy, beautiful bedroom sure will make it a more pleasant experience.
If you get into a made bed with clean sheets, you will feel happier instantly. If you wake up to a chaotic bedroom and you stumble over your shoes when you’re still half asleep, you immediately start the day off on a negative vibe.
Your bedroom is your sanctuary. It’s where you do your best thinking, where you reflect on your life on the most honest level possible. Your bedroom is where you go to every night after a long day. It’s where you want to be when you’re upset and need some alone-time. It’s where you get dressed and put in effort to look pretty. It’s your home, your comfort, your safe space. When all else feels like it’s going South, your bedroom will always be there waiting for you to return for yet another night of rest.
The question is.. what kind of bedroom do YOU want to come home to after a long day?..
How to create and maintain a Blissful Bedroom
- Start by decluttering. Only you know what you feel comfortable with in terms of getting rid of things in your bedroom. Get rid of a piece of furniture too if you must, less is more. If your room has just one too many pieces of furniture, it will already look disorganised.
- Spring clean your room.
- Create one focal point. Maybe an accent wall?
- Focus on the type of lighting you want for your bedroom. Some people like cool lighting, while others are more into warm lighting. Personally, I prefer warm lighting. I guess it depends on the ambiance you want to create.
- Choose a color that makes you feel positive and warm inside. Colors that make me happy by just looking at them is blush pink, grey and anything sparkly.
- Choose a pattern to go with your chosen color theme, to add some depth and variation.
- Remember, less is more!
- Visit Pinterest for some ideas as well as how to incorporate DIY decor for your bedroom.
- Use scented candles / incense in your room. Make use of your favorite scents, as happy-hormones are stimulated by all 5 of our senses!
- Be sure to have a little speaker or music player in your room, should there be no TV. Listening to music, even in the background, creates a feeling of calmness and positivity.
- Use your favorite textures. Don’t be scared to play with textures when it comes to your curtains, bedding, throws and carpets. Adding different textures will make your room more interesting. I recommend having a soft, thick blanket/throw over your bed for extra comfort.
- Make sure your room is clean and tidy before you go to bed. Don’t leave anything where it shouldn’t be, as you will be in too much of a hurry to clean it up tomorrow morning.
- Make your bed every morning! I cannot emphasize this enough. I wasn’t big on making my bed until like a year and a half ago, until I started making my bed. It was hard to get in to the habit at first, but now I can’t even imagine leaving my house if my bed is not made. It’s just so much nicer to get into a clean, made bed in the evenings!
My favorite place to stare at beautiful bedrooms is Pinterest! I just love browsing pictures of bedrooms. Here are a few of my personal favorites:
Thank you for taking the time out to read this post! Feel free to follow me on Pinterest for more beautiful pins!