So this short post was written in preparation for Blogtober, but I didn’t realise that I had enough posts scheduled already!
I didn’t want to delete my content, so figured I might as well share this one with you guys. Things at work are not what they used to be and the struggle is real. I haven’t gotten round to spending enough time on my blog and reading others, but I’m trying my best to keep up. We tend to get so caught up in the here and now, that we forget about the things that make us happy.
Nothing in life is permanent and happiness takes work. Hard work. Sometimes it’s good to just sit down and list things that make you happy in order to reflect and re-center ourselves. It’s also great to read some blog posts about The Most Common Causes of Depression if you’re trying to identify the root cause of your emotional struggle.
Sometimes, when I’m down, I try to find little things that make me happy. Even if it’s just taking my favorite pen to work or drinking coffee from my favorite mug! Sometimes I just go on to Pinterest and look at positive quotes to brighten my day.
Here are 10 general things that make me happy!
- Anything blush pink, rose gold and sparkly. Just looking at pictures of it makes me feel warm inside.
- Pitbulls and Pitbull puppies
- Cuddling and going on adventures with my girlfriend
- Spending time with my daughter
- Writing and creating content for my blog
- Wine, Coffee and Cigarettes
- Books and Sudoku puzzles
- That feeling just after taking a shower
- Social media
- Watching TV, listening to music and shopping
Long term plans that make me happy when I think of them
- Working for myself in the future
- Studying Social Media Marketing
- Having a more relaxed lifestyle
- Being able to spend more time with my daughter
- Growing my blog
- Marrying my girlfriend
I feel better already now that I’ve highlighted the things that make me happy. Now I can focus more on that instead of dwelling on the here and now! What are some things that make YOU happy? Let me know in the comments!